key exclusions & conditions
It is important to understand the cover you are about to purchase so please do refer to the full terms and conditions of cover to ensure that this product is suitable for your device.
Your device must be less than thirty six months old at policy inception and supported with a valid proof of purchase from a UK VAT registered company. Please be aware that your claim will be invalidated if the age of the device exceeds the age limit at the time of policy inception and/or you are unable to provide proof of purchase
- this cover provides unlimited replacements and repairs per device during each 12 month calendar period of your policy
- details of any replacement of the device (IMEI/serial number) must be advised to us with proof of purchase in writing or by e-mail to us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- the device age limit must be less than thirty six months old at policy inception and supported with a valid proof of purchase from a UK VAT registered company
- cover under this policy is subject to the payment of the premium by direct debit, credit card or PayPal and premiums being up to date other than during the cooling off period
- you must be at least 18 years of age at the time of policy inception and a UK resident
- this policy will be voidable in the event of fraud non-disclosure or alteration of risk.
- any claim which would be covered under any other device insurance policy
- if we replace your device the damaged item becomes ours. If it is returned or found you must notify us and send it to us if we ask you to
- . all other costs are specifically excluded that are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to your claim unless specifically stated in this policy unless relating to airtime abuse for your device up to a maximum of £10,000
what is not covered
applying to all sections of the policy, we will not pay for;
- the policy excess
- any claim where all reasonable precautions have not been taken
- any claim where the circumstances cannot be clearly identified i.e. where you are unable to confirm the date and time of the occurrence
- any claim where proof of usage cannot be provided or evidenced
- any claim made, or any event causing the claim to be made, that occurs within the first 14 days of the inception date of your policy
- the cost of replacing any stored data including but not limited to tunes, songs, personalised ring tones, pictures, films, graphics, downloaded material or software whether arising as a result of a claim paid by this Insurance or otherwise
- theft or loss of the device where you have not notified your network provider and blacklisted it within 24 hours of discovery of loss or theft
- theft or loss of the device from any mode of public transport whilst left unattended
- theft or loss of the device left unattended when it is away from your home
- theft or loss of the device not reported to the police within 48 hours and where you have not obtained valid crime reference number
- any claim presented under loss as an alternative to an unsuccessful theft claim
- repairs carried out by persons not authorised or agreed for use by us
- cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of your device
- any amount recoverable under any guarantee warranty or other insurance
- wear and tear or gradual deterioration of performance of your device
- any damage or fault caused by any form of electronic virus
- liability of any nature arising from ownership or use of the device including any illness or injury resulting from it
- the cost of routine inspection service adjustment or cleaning or any damage caused to the device during these processes
- repair or replacement arising as a result of negligent use wilful abuse or misuse
Can I trust loveit coverit?
Yes! loveit coverit is a specialist provider of mobile phone and tablet insurance policies direct to the consumer. The company is part of Pier Insurance Managed Services Ltd, Evolution House, New Garrison Road, Shoeburyness, Essex, SS3 9BF and is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA registration no. 311798.
Who provides the insurance?
The insurance is arranged and administered, including claims management, by Pier Insurance Managed Services Limited with UK General Insurance on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited.
Can I insure an old device?
Yes but all mobile phones or tablets must be purchased from a VAT registered UK supplier within the last 36 months (from the policy start date). This must be supported by a valid proof of purchase document.
My mobile phone or tablet does not appear on your list. Does this mean I cannot insure it?
No. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that our list is complete and up to date, the mobile phone and tablet market changes very often. Please contact us to give us the details of your mobile phone or tablet, and we will confirm if it is a model we can cover.
I have bought insurance but who takes the money from my account or credit card?
Pier Insurance will appear on all banking statements.
When will my cover start?
Your cover will begin as soon as your online transaction has been completed and subject to policy Terms & Conditions.
Is there a minimum and maximum period of cover?
There is no minimum period of cover. However when you purchase annual cover we will contact you approximately one month before your renewal date and offer to renew the policy. If you do not tell us that you do not wish to continue your policy we will automatically process your renewal.
Where are the terms and conditions for my insurance policy?
These were sent to you by email upon completing your purchase. These are also available here – Policy Terms & Conditions.
How do I cancel my policy?
Yes, you may cancel your policy at any time by contacting us on 01702 568081 or by emailing email@example.com.
I have just changed / upgraded my mobile phone or tablet. How do I update my policy?
Please call our Customer Support line on 01702 568081 with your policy number and the make and model of your new phone. We will then update your policy schedule.
I have moved should I let you know?
Yes, please contact us and we can then send out a new policy schedule for your own records.
I have missed a payment what should I do?
Contact us immediately on 01702 568081 so that we can reinstate your policy and ensure that your mobile phone and/or tablet remains on cover otherwise you may find we will not consider any claims during the period.
What’s not covered?
How do I make a claim?
Don’t panic and notify us of your claim by completing the claim form or call our dedicated Claims line on 01702 568081.
My handset is lost or has been stolen – what should I do now?
Ok don’t panic – notify your network provider and let them know so you can have your mobile phone or tablet barred to protect your minutes. Then report the loss, or theft, to the police within 24 hours and get the crime reference number, and get in touch with us either by completing the online claim form or by contacting us on 01702 568081. If you are abroad don’t forget to inform the local authority to obtain a Police Report to support your claim.
What do I need to do to support my claim?
Provide us with your proof of purchase which must include the date of purchase, IMEI or serial number of the mobile phone or tablet, and be in your name.
If I need to send in a damaged handset where should it go?
First, make a claim and we then arrange for the damaged handset to go directly to the repair centre, and they will issue a self-addressed envelope for you to get it there as quickly as possible. Just make sure you remove the SIM card, battery and another other accessories from it before you pop it into the bag.
My mobile phone has stopped working – what do I do?
First, make a claim and we will advise you from there as to the next step dependent if the issue falls within your Terms & Conditions. If your mobile phone or tablet has simply stopped working you should contact the manufacturer as the issue is highly likely to be within your warranty you have with them.
If I make a claim, when will I receive my replacement mobile phone or tablet?
We understand that speed is of the essence when you are without your mobile phone or tablet. For that reason, our service standard is to have a replacement device with you within 48 hours of a claim being approved.
Will my replacement mobile phone or tablet be a new one?
Your policy is not a ‘replacement as new’ policy so all mobile phone or tablet replacements may be brand new or refreshed ones – in the case of refreshed devices the quality is so high you will not be able to tell if it’s new or not as they are that good, and they also come with a warranty. Please note that refreshed devices may hold some non-original parts although standards are extremely high.
Will my replacement mobile phone or tablet be the same model as the one I had?
We will try our hardest to replace your cherished device with the same make and model, even the colour too if we can, and get it to you as quickly as possible once the claim has been agreed. In cases where your old device is no longer manufactured we will provide the nearest comparable model in a speedy and efficient fashion.
How do I make a complaint?
Naturally, we pride ourselves on the quality of our service, and the products we offer. However, should you need to make a complaint, please write to The Scheme Administrator at loveit coverit, Evolution House, New Garrison Road, Shoeburyness, Essex, SS3 9BF or telephone 01702 568081. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much is my excess?
Your excess can be found in your Policy Excess documents.
Why do I have to pay an excess?
It’s never a great time to ask for more money when handling your insurance claim but as premiums do not increase after having made a claim we ask that you pay the compulsory excess to keep it that way! In the meantime we will ensure your claim is handled promptly and professionally as only you would expect.
What if I am not happy with my replacement device?
While we always aim to provide complete customer satisfaction we understand that on occasion some things simply don’t always turn out the way we expect. In these cases we would love to hear from you so that we can understand what went wrong and what needs to happen to put it right.
Great! I have found my device and no longer need to claim!
In that case share the great news with us and we will ensure that your claim is withdrawn. If a replacement has been sent keep it in the box and send it back and any excess that may have been paid to us will be refunded to you immediately.
My question has not been answered by the FAQs. Is there someone at the end of the phone who I can ask?
Yes! Please call us on 01702 568081 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Can I insure non genuine devices?
No. Non genuine devices are not covered by our policies although we do provide cover for refurbished devices that come with a manufacturers warranty or, if purchased secondhand, original proof of purchase.
Is there an age limit to insure a device?
To take our your own policy you must be 18 years old or over. If you are under 18 years old then a consenting family member can take out the policy on your behalf.
Do I still need insurance if I already have a manufacturer’s warranty?
You may have 12 months coverage with your manufacturer, but this will usually only include mechanical breakdown. Cracked screens, liquid damage, accidental damage, loss, and theft are not included.
How old do I have to be to take out the insurance?
You must be 18 years old and a UK resident in order to take out a loveit coverit insurance policy.
What is loss cover?
If your phone has vanished without a trace, our loss cover will make sure you’re not left out of pocket. At loveit coverit, we include loss as standard in our insurance packages. If you would like to find out more about our loss cover visit this page.
Who is loveit coverit insurance designed for?
The cover is designed for proud gadget owners that do not already have their phone insured with another provider, but want to be able to cover the costs should their device need to be repaired or replaced outside of the manufacturer’s warranty. Excess is required and limitations and exclusions apply.
I bought my gadget on sale, can I still cover it for the full value?
Yes – loveit coverit will insure your phone for its market price. Even if you buy it with a discount from your network provider, we’ll still replace it with an identical or similar model.
Do you cover cosmetic damages?
Your phone is only covered for damage if it stops the normal functioning. We do cover cracked screens, but scratches and dents do not qualify for repair or replacement.
Can you cover my phone if I bought it from an auction site?
We only cover phones that have been purchased as new, or that have been refurbished by the manufacturer or network provider.
Do you back up any information on my gadget?
loveit coverit insurance will only cover your gadget, not the contents. Your pictures, apps, music and downloads should be backed up regularly by the phone owner.
What is my phone’s IMEI number and where can I find it?
Your phone will have an IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number. It can be found by dialling *#06# on most phones. You can also find it printed inside of the battery compartment of your phone.
Is there a limit to how many times I can claim?
You will need to check your policy details but we now provide unlimited claims for loss, theft and damage during each 12 month calendar period of your policy.
What is acceptable as proof of ownership?
Acceptable proof of ownership includes a till receipt or documentation from any online purchase or from your network provider. We may decline your claim if you do not have any proof of ownership.
If I repair the gadget myself will loveit coverit pay for the costs?
Our goal is to ensure that your gadget is repaired to the highest possible standard, which is why we will not reimburse you for any repairs you do yourself. We only use our specialised and approved repairers who can confidently assess the damage to your device. This helps us to decide whether to repair or replace the phone.
Who does my policy cover?
It is possible for parents to insure their children’s phone on their behalf. The cover of your device will apply to you as the person who purchased the policy and your immediate family. This includes your mother, father, son, daughter, husband, wife, partner, brother, sister, grandparent or grandchild that permanently live at your given address.