Update your iPhone updated with the latest software
Keep your iPhone’s software up to date: Updating your iPhone to the latest version of iOS can help improve its battery life. To check for updates, go to the Settings app, tap “General,” and then tap “Software Update.”
Turn on Dark Mode
Dark mode is a feature on the iPhone that changes the color scheme of the user interface from light to dark. This can make it easier on the eyes to use the phone in low light conditions, and it can also save battery life on devices with an OLED display. When dark mode is enabled, the background of the user interface will be black or dark gray, and the text and other elements will be displayed in lighter colors. Dark mode can be turned on or off in the Settings app, or using the Control Center. It is available on iPhones running iOS 13 or later.
To turn on dark mode on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Under Appearance, select Dark.
- This will turn on dark mode for your iPhone. You can also use the Control Center to quickly turn dark mode on or off by swiping down from the top right of your screen to open Control Center, then tapping and holding the brightness control. Tap the dark mode control (the crescent moon icon) to turn dark mode on or off.
This won’t work for every iPhone, but if your Phone has a OLED screen, dark mode will save your battery.
Turn down your screen brightness
Reduce screen brightness and timeout: Your iPhone’s screen is one of the biggest drains on its battery. To save battery life, you can reduce the screen brightness or set the screen to timeout after a shorter period of time. To do this, go to the Settings app, tap “Display & Brightness,” and then adjust the settings as desired.
Turn on Low Power Mode
Use Low Power Mode: Low Power Mode is a built-in feature that temporarily reduces power consumption on your iPhone to help extend its battery life. To enable Low Power Mode, go to the Settings app, tap “Battery,” and then turn on the “Low Power Mode” switch.
Keep track of which apps use the most battery
To track which apps are using the most battery on your iPhone, you can go to Settings > Battery. This will show you a list of apps and the percentage of battery power each app has used in the last 24 hours or the last 10 days. This information can help you identify apps that are using a lot of battery power so you can take steps to reduce their battery usage. For example, you can force quit the app, adjust its settings to use less power, or delete the app if you don’t need it.
To avoid using apps that use a lot of battery power on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Battery. This will show you a list of apps and the percentage of battery power each app has used in the last 24 hours or the last 10 days.
- Look for apps that have used a large percentage of battery power, and consider whether you really need to use them.
- If there are apps that you don’t need or that you only use occasionally, consider deleting them to save battery power.
- If there are apps that you do need to use, but that use a lot of battery power, try adjusting their settings to use less power. For example, you can turn off background refresh, disable push notifications, or turn off location services for the app.
- If you have apps that you use frequently but that use a lot of battery power, consider closing them when you’re not using them. This will prevent them from running in the background and using up battery power.
By following these steps, you can avoid using apps that use a lot of battery power on your iPhone, which can help extend the battery life of your device.